- Salvation through confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation.” Romans 10:9-1
- There is only one living and true God. There are three persons in the Godhead; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…” Matthew 28:19
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired word of God.
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe Jesus Christ, conceived of the Virgin Mary, is the only begotten son of the Father. Jesus was crucified, buried and rose from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
“How will this be,’ Mary asked the angel, ‘since I am a virgin?’ The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God… ” Luke 1:34-35
- We believe we are justified (declared righteous under the blood of Jesus) when we repent of our sins and believe in Jesus Christ.
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in other tongues, as the Spirit gives the utterance. We believe in the operation of the nine Gifts of the Spirit and encourage our people to live so that these gifts maybe manifest in their lives.
“And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:4
- We believe in the freedom to worship God with various forms of expression being done in decency and in order, not drawing attention to oneself. We define order in our services as following the anointing of the Holy Spirit through the pastoral leadership of the church.
“For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the Saints.” 1 Corinthians 14:33, 40
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, who sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” Matthew 3:11
- We believe the Lord’s Supper or Holy Communion is a periodic (often monthly) reminder that the believer has received his free salvation through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Communion consists of bread and the fruit of the vine (grape juice).
“For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.” 1 Corinthians 11:26
- We believe in divine healing for the body. However, we encourage and do not condemn medical science.
“A multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.” Acts 5:16
- We believe in the Second Coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
“For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangels voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then, we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, so we will always be with the Lord.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- We believe those who die outside of Christ will be punished in an eternal hell, but those who die “in him “shall share in his glory in heaven forever.
“And come forth those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.” John 5:29
- We believe in the sacredness of marriage between one man and one woman and family commitment. We believe in and promote strong family values.
“Haven’t you read, he replied, that he who created them in the beginning made them male and female, and he also said: for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flash. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must not separate.” Matthew 19:4-6